I ordered several bits and bobs: nail polish; in 'mint cream' and 'dark red', zit zapper; mascara; 'lengthening and volumising mascara' and 'mineral infused mascara'; eye widener and an eyelash curler. I was trying to bump the whole lot up so I could get free shipping; however I can't remember if I actually managed to- although it is not unheard of for me to try my everything to get 'free shipping'... Anyway I was more than pleased when it turned up the following day (Saturday,) it all came well packaged in a small box; so there wasn't too much excess waste, which I hate.
When it all came I was eager to try it out.
- Nail polish: well, I think its great for the price... but it does take a while to dry, especially when you do the second coat. Its a bit like it appears dry, its just when you make up in the morning, your nails can look like they have just taken part in a finger print investigation... The colours were great though and matched the colour swatch online.
- Zit zapper: I thought that this was great, I got all of my friends to buy one too and they relish it!
- Lengthening and volumising mascara: well, I am one of the most fussiest of people when it comes to mascara, so I can be very critical. I'm not going to lie, I didn't 'love' this product. The brush reminded me of the cheap mascara sets that I used to get when I was younger, but with the price, you cant really complain I suppose. It did come in handy though when my other mascaras ran out. Plus it does stay on all say like it says.
- Mineral infused mascara: my absolute favourite ELF product that I have ever purchased! It was amazing especially for the price (I know I keep harping on about the price, how can you argue about it though? BARGAIN) So yeah, it was great the brush exceeded my expectations, it filtered out my lashes perfectly and looked great when it had a couple of coats on; I like my lashes dramatic. It was so good I didn't even have to use the lash curler I bought.
- Eye lash curler: well what can I say, I'm useless when it comes to these sorts of gadgets and ended up losing it as per usual! When I did use it though, it was good, it didn't pull on the lashes too much.
- Eye widener: I have really sensitive eyes, so when it comes to things like eye liner, I know the ups and downs- this was pretty cheerful. I didn't notice that my eyes appeared 'wider,' but it did give them that extra 'pop'.
I would recommend ELF, it wouldn't hurt to try it anyway because it is so cheap.